Milton Presbyterian Church is one of more than 11,000 churches in the Presbyterian Church (USA). Our particular denomination traces its roots to the Protestant Reformation and adheres to the concept of democratic rule under the authority of God.
The word, “Presbyterian,” is derived from the Greek word in the New Testament that is translated, “Elder.” Leaders for the local church are chosen among the spiritually mature members of the congregation and they are known as “Elders.” In the Milton Presbyterian Church, we also publicly recognize through ordination and installation the unique and necessary gifts of leadership from the “Deacons” and “Trustees.”
Guided by the perfect example of God in the flesh, Jesus Christ, we aspire to serve God together using the talents and gifts in our congregation. Crafted by leaders in the church and affirmed by our members, our Mission Statement helps to orient our service and work as we reach out to the world in the love of Christ.
Believing in one Lord, one faith, and one baptism, the Milton Presbyterian Church, as the Body of Christ, will carry out the ministry of Jesus within the congregation, within our community, and to the world.
Crafted by leaders in the church and affirmed by our members, our Mission Statement helps to orient our service and work as we reach out to the world in the love of Christ.
To accomplish our mission we will:
- Experience God’s presence through worship, prayer, Bible study, the sacraments, fellowship, and service;
- Demonstrate our Savior’s compassion through our daily lives to those in need;
- Give our time, our talents, and our material possessions according to God’s gift of them;
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ by word and deed to all the world.
- Moved by the Holy Spirit, our mission as a congregation of forgiven and loved disciples will be carried out in the Name of God.