The Milton Presbyterian Church in Rittman, OH is hiring a part time secretary with excellent typing and computer skills. The hours will be flexible but generally from 9:00 AM to 12:00 or 1:00 PM depending on the work load.
To provide secretarial and administrative services to the Pastor and to support the Church’s programs.
The church secretary is accountable to the Pastor as head of staff and/or to the Administration Committee of Session.
- To function as secretary to the Pastor performing all clerical duties assigned. Hours of work to be determined by the Pastor and/or Administration Committee.
- To be responsible for the production of materials.
- To maintain church calendars, including HeadStart and other organizations that use the church.
- To maintain church permanent records.
- To perform secretarial work for church committees and organizations as directed by the Pastor, as the head of staff.
- To be responsible for the ordering of office supplies and equipment.
- To prepare church bulletins, funeral bulletins, announcements, letters of correspondence, newsletters, etc. for mailing. All of these shall be handled in a confidential manner.
- To act as church receptionist both for visitors and for telephone inquiries.
- To pick up mail daily.
- To post financial contributions, verify Sunday collection receipts, maintain petty cash, and handle finances for fund raising projects.
- Maintain financial ledger.
- Produce monthly finance statements for the Treasurer and Administration Committee.
- Create checks to pay bills.
- Prepare reports of giving by the congregation representing balances as of June 30, September 30, and December 31.
- To maintain the Library by acknowledging gift(s), inserting the bookplate, shelving and re-shelving books, etc.
- Will prepare wedding bulletins for remuneration by the Wedding Party.
The church secretary relates to the Pastor as head of staff and to the Administration Committee of Session. The secretary functions as the receptionist for the Church. This is a position that entails a high level of confidentiality.
Hours and Compensation
This position is considered hourly part time at 4 hours/day Monday through Friday. The hours can be flexed with the approval of the Pastor/Head of Staff. The pay rate is set at $10.00/hr. or based on experience.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor and the Administration Committee of Session. The Administration Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
The Milton Presbyterian Church observes the following unpaid holidays:
New Year’s Day Independence Day
Memorial Day Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day Friday following Thanksgiving
If a holiday falls on Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday; if a holiday falls on Saturday, it will be observed on the preceding Friday.
Approved by Session: